So, this summer Gary and I decided that we needed a little "somethun" in our mornings with our kids. School gave us a great morning routine and we liked it. . . .especially with one child who works just so much better with a routine. We made a chart called Duck Duties (hence the title of this post).
Every morning they need to check off their duties. If they don't, they don't get to watch their morning video until they are done. Some do it right away, some wait. . . it is working. We've been doing for a whole two days now! (smile) My kids are finally the age where I feel like I can do something like this. I'd love to hear more ideas, both for this summer and for the future. We already need to make a few tweaks to the system. Penny doesn't have a chart, but she does seem to do her jobs every morning. Wake up and let us know she is awake. Poop. Eat breakfast and get some in her hair. Laugh about it. Wander all over the house and tackle at least one sibling. Talk. Nap. She is by far the most consistent. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment