Monday, October 24, 2011

God is moving!

It's been quite the week for this chica. Good stuff. Birthday stuff. Family stuff. Funnel cake stuff. Balloon twisting stuff. Small group stuff. Classroom bonding stuff.

What has been the best though is the God stuff. Isn't that the very tops? I know God is ALWAYS working. I know that God is ALWAYS communicating with me via the Holy Spirit. I know that God ALWAYS has what is best for me. I'm so thankful that I know that--I've got it. What has been cool is that I've been hearing from other women about what God is doing in their lives.

Twice this week I've been stopped by a radiance oozing out from two of my friends. They had seen and felt the Holy Spirit working in each of their lives. They were so excited that they just had to talk about it and I was able to worship by listening. As each of them were talking, I couldn't help but praise God for working so specifically in the lives of my friends. When God is moving. . .it just has to come out! Even the rocks will cry out! I had another friend who stopped to pray by the door of my sons' classroom. The father of a classmate died in an accident last week. As she was praying she said that she could feel the Holy Spirit in their room--it was so very powerful. It excited me to hear that! (I even cried a little bit.) I shared this with Maestra Zondervan (my boys' teacher) and she was overwhelmed as well. The Holy Spirit is present and working in my boys' classroom!?! LOVE IT!!!!

That is awesome isn't it? I bless God that He is doing great things in the lives of friends and that my friends are seeing God doing great things. I'm so thankful that His Spirit is active at our school. BUT. . . I think we need to do more. I think we need to share more. We need to talk about God in our lives, not with a "look-how-close-I-am-to-God" kind of attitude, but a "isn't-God-just-the best-ever" "look-at-how-amazing-God-is" and "let's-celebrate-God-together" kind of way. If you have a story to share, I'd love to praise God with you.

1 comment:

LJFredricks said...

God led me to you. How great is that?