Grown-ups are not supposed to fall down.
First, it hurts. I have quite the bruise on my arm. My hand is scraped up. I have a very strange cut on my neck where a trachea would be (how exactly did I fall?). I can feel something brewing on my shin. Plus, my heart hurt a bit.
I don't think my heart got hurt, but it was racing. I think my heart had some pride knocked out of it and was feeling a bit empty. I'm an adult. I'm a mom. My daughter Penny fell down no less than four times while we dropped off her siblings at school yesterday. My kids fall down all the time. Grown-ups--not supposed to happen. We are taller. The ground is farther away. Plus, I don't have a great reason. Good reasons include icy conditions, slimy rocks in rivers, and falling after scaling an 8 foot fence while chasing robbers. I was coming in from the garage and going up a step. A step!
I did make an "ooh" sound. We've been teaching our kids that when someone is hurt or crying they need to ask "Are you O.K.?" Yes, the door to the house was open and yes my kids heard me and yes Gary was outside and heard me go down and yes everyone came to check on me. I couldn't even hide and pretend it didn't happen.
I just hope my feet aren't growing again. I can't take more than the huge 11's that I have. Maybe I'm getting old--after all--today is my last day of being 38. Hopefully, a random fall doesn't need to happen again until . . . um. . . never.
2 comments:
I am sorry you fell!! If it makes you feel any better My foot is still swollen from taking a funny step and I am "only" 36. Though if the fact that I am hurting makes you feel better then you are not my friend and you are not *stomp* coming to my birthday party. Hope you heal quickly!!
You need Arnica Montana! It is a homeopathic reedy that it awesome for all trauma and bumps and bruises. Hope you're feeling better!
Post a Comment