Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bound to happen

Gary is home this week. It has been wonderful to be together, just hanging out and doing special things together. We joined the Holland Aquatic Center and have been swimming twice already. Thanks Mom and Dad Petty (Gary's folks) for the funds to do this. We are looking forward to many more family pool sessions this winter.
One of the benefits of Gary being home is that I get to be on vacation a little bit too. I don't make all the daily decisions, make all the meals, or do all the discipline. Gary might be ready to go back to work soon though. :)

So today, we finally had happen something that I've been anticipating for a long time. My boys. My fabulous boys. My "pee standing up" boys. Over the past year, they have been getting a little bit. . . lazier about their aim in the bathroom. I'm noticing more "issues" in the bathroom and am fairly confident that Noel isn't making the mess. So today, we hear Garrison talking with Simon about how he shouldn't be doing that on the stool. Gary goes to the bathroom and finds Simon standing on the stool and lettin' er rip! Yes, my boys are finally seeing how far, how high, how fast they can go. I knew it would happen. Today was the day. Gary was firm about how gross it was, how they needed to clean it up. I'm thankful it wasn't me. Not because it was a little gross. Not because I would have had to supervise clean-up. Not because I would have had to give a talk. I'm glad I didn't handle it because I was laughing. I even had to stay away from the bathroom because I didn't want the boys to see me laughing! Gary gave me quite the perplexed look before he began to smirk as well.
My guess is this is not the first time, nor will it be the last time my boys take aim and fire. For the sake of their future wives however, I need to make sure not to smile about it.

2 comments:

our sweet life said...

laugh all you want...there are plenty of years for holding your tongue ;)

one blessed mama said...

in our home, it's called 'cross-fire'!! :)i don't think i need to explain the 'rules'.
good luck with that.
laughing with you!