Happy Birthday Jesus!
We greeted Sunday morning with cupcakes and song. We do after all need to celebrate members of our family who have birthdays. Lovely.
Christmas Eve was our family time to enjoy each other, open gifts, have a nice dinner together and read the Christmas story. When I sit back and look at it, the day was great. I loved seeing my kids have such excitement. I loved giving gifts to them. I loved spending the day together and just being: no big agenda. I loved sitting with Gary after the kids had gone to bed and talking, laughing, and exchanging stockings with each other. Loved it. I love Christmas.
During the day, I had to catch myself at times from being disappointed--having too many expectations for the day. I wanted to pack as many traditions in--yet we don't need so many traditions. I wanted my kids to ooh and aah at every gift--um, my kids are 6, 5, 4 and 1. Ain't going to happen. I wanted my kitchen to stay clean--we ate three meals at home and even had chocolate fondue. Kitchen isn't going to stay clean. Kids aren't going to stay clean. :) Christmas morning was fun with socks (stockings) and the comment "is this all?". (Clenched teeth) Yes. . . and Jesus is here.
Jesus is indeed here and Yes, that is all. All of him. All human. All divine. All baby. A baby?!? Didn't expect that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment