I know I said in my last post that I would talk about my favorite Christmas character. Tomorrow. . . or whenever I get around to it. Just look forward to it o.k.? :)
Instead, I have a little story to share, one that gave me immense amusement!
Garrison has been into money lately. He traded his tooth fairy money for some basketball cards on the bus. He worked hard to get a dollar and went to the dollar store to chose something of his very own. Though he is only six, we are hoping that he'll begin to see the value of money, how saving works, how spending works etc.
So, one morning he set up a garage sale in our living room. I laughed and just enjoyed the show. I also announced that I would not be buying anything at the garage sale. 1. I didn't need anything that was available. 2. I purchased most of what he was selling anyway. 3. I thought the prices were a little high.
Garrison sells for awhile in the living room and sadly doesn't have any customers. Simon and Noel are both glad to purchase the stuff: they just don't have any cash. Ah, a problem.
I'm working in the kitchen, playing with Penny, putting her in bed, taking a shower etc. I discover later that Garrison is no longer selling in the living room, but has moved out to the road. He is going to have a garage sale: a real one. It is the middle of November and he is ready to go!
HILARIOUS!
Garrison patiently waiting for some business.
He has his stand all set up.
$2.00 for a mini-skateboard! Outrageous!
Simon joined him shortly afterwards to assist. After about 20 minutes, Garrison convinced Simon that if he stayed outside, then Simon could have all the profits. They did ask if they could go around and knock on doors to drum up some business. I said "no". Mean mom.
Sadly, no one stopped and they didn't make any money. I'm o.k. with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment