He had a hearing test and he hasn't lost it (his hearing that is)-he was beginning to think he'd never hear again. I'm excited to be able to whisper sweet nothings to him again again soon. Shouting "You look sexy!" doesn't have the same meaning to it--especially when the kids hear and ask what "sexy" means. O.K., this didn't actually happen. I'll wait to tell him how sexy I find him when I can actually whisper and have him hear me. Instead for now, we find ourselves not talking after the kids go to bed because we'd wake them up. Soon and very soon--many whispers-and conversations that have been on hold for the past few weeks. i.e. Christmas presents, conversations with friends, observations at school, job situations. . . Gary and I need to get caught up.
On a different page, thought we had turned a corner with my crazy into everything girl, but no. Eating more dog food than ever. Shaking out all the creole seasoning. Tape! Wandering. . . no running. . . into other classrooms as soon as my eyes are off of her. Spent more than a few minutes looking for my lost girl at school on Monday. She had made friends with a reading specialist. Not a bad choice. She is so engaging though. Funny. Excited. Learning new words every day. Makes me laugh every day. Oh, how I just adore--until she gets into the garbage. Really?!?
Next post: my favorite Christmas character. I know, you are excited. :) Hope your week is going great. Ours is looking better all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment