Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sneakery

Whew--you'd think we were getting back to normal--it's been a little blog break there.  Simon is home.  He's not allowed to do everything he wants to do, but hey. . . this is not a big deal.  The light is lingering at night and so are my kids.  Frankly it makes me happy.  One of my favorite rooms for my kids to play in is the back yard.  I love when they go out there.  I love it when they go out there by themselves.
You'd think that with all that outdoor time I'd find time to get more stuff done.  This is not the case.  It isn't because of new projects: oh I've got some of them.  It isn't because I'm sick: oh health is where I'm at.  It is because I've discovered something called "Plants vs. Zombies".
I don't really like video games.  My kids have stopped asking me to play Mario because all I do is slow them down.  I don't really get into it.  But when Simon went into the hospital we bought a few apps so that he'd have things to do while laying in bed all day long.  I tried this game and I like it.  I like it.  I sneak a quick game.  I get caught sometimes.  It isn't good.  Gary plays it on his phone and we find ourselves having conversations about strategies.  Yes, I'm admitting it's true.
Just like I set limits for my kids, I think I need to set some limits for me regarding this game.  What kind of limits to adults give to themselves?  When can I be allowed to play this game?  Should I give it up altogether?
I'm not really asking you for input.  I feel rather. . . embarrassed at this confession.  I'm 39 years old.  I'm a mom of four.  I'm nice.  Yet here I am blogging about it, more for the record of it all.  It also helps for me to admit there is a problem.
Do you have a little show/game/magazine that you find yourself sneaking?

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I confess since having the ipad I sneak time on two different games - Colors Sudoku and Solitaire. I do find it nice to think a little bit about something different at times - since I still have to think and not totally zone out. I have felt guilty as well so we're even. I have often been leaving my ipad at school during the week so that I can't play on weeknights. :) I'm glad you are finding a bit of "down time" too in your life!