Shoes have been on my mind lately. "Why Shanda? Why have shoes been on your mind? I'm very curious." Thanks for asking.
First of all, they are all over my house. Penny is a shoe child. She loves to wear our shoes. She clomps around in them and we lose them. Add this to the fact that she doesn't like to wear her own shoes. After we send her outside with her shoes on, she promptly sits down and takes them off. She has recently learned that it is better to take them off way over by the sandbox so that I am less likely to come tromping out and put them back on her. The second reason shoes are all over the house is because my older ducks aren't putting them away. They each have a drawer. . . a rather large drawer. PUT YOUR SHOES AWAY. It doesn't seem hard to me, especially since I lost my drawer as soon as Penny began walking and needed it more than I. So, I've started collecting shoes. If you leave your shoes out, I take them away for two days. Garrison is my worst offender and had to wear flops to school yesterday that were too small and gave him a blister. He blamed me. I gave the blame back to him and made him keep it.
Second (or maybe third--there are two in the above paragraph I think), today I sat on the couch holding Noel's foot while digging a sliver out of the bottom of it. She went outside without shoes on! The number one rule at Camp Roger is "Always wear your shoes" and I am a believer. (Although it has always bothered me that the number one rule wasn't Be Kind or Enjoy God or Put the Frogs Back. I think wear shoes should be a rule, but number one? We do strive at Camp to not have many rules, so perhaps this is the explanation.) As Noel grimaced I reminded her that she should be wearing shoes outside.
I've also had a problem with shoes. I think mine are getting too small. When Simon was in the hospital, I wore shoes there. I know--big shocker! I usually wear crocs at home and only put on good shoes when I leave the house. I regularly wore my good shoes up to the hospital and found that my big toes were hurting at night. I think that my feet have grown. This seems impossible as I am right now a size 11 and that in and of itself can be challenging to find. I am a bit discouraged that this could be happening and am instead choosing to wear comfy non-dressy shoes on a regular basis. The thought of special ordering a size 12 shoe. . . ugh. I'm trying to get smaller.
There you have it. Shoes. On my mind. And all over my house.
No comments:
Post a Comment