Thursday, May 17, 2012

Only God!

Last week-end I was able to do what folks only dream about doing.  I met our sponsored daughter!!!!  I know. . .incredible!  After our return from China, Gary and I felt that we needed to take care of one of Simon's friends. ICC (International China Concern) took amazing care of Simon.  Though we couldn't take all of Simon's friends home with us, we could contribute to their care.  We inquired as to who was Simon's friend and we were matched up with YunYun.  Her picture was on our fridge for almost two years.  We received updates and there are pictures of her and Simon in Simon's China photo album.
We received the good news last summer that YunYun had been adopted and we found out that her forever family lived in Wisconsin.  We became friends on Facebook and I so enjoyed watching her bloom in her new home.
So when I read on Facebook that her family was headed to. . . Holland, MI for a conference--I was ecstatic!  We connected and joined YunYun (now Ava) and her family at a local hotel.  Though Simon only remembers her through pictures, she remembers him.  She ran out of the doors and greeted Simon.  He was a bit shy.  Many boys are when greeted by a beautiful girl.  :)  We took pictures and visited for awhile.  We were joined by another family who had adopted from the same orphanage, although their daughter had not been in the care of ICC.
After the week-end I received the best "mama" news of all though.  I'm thankful that these two kids both have homes now and aren't orphans.  I'm thankful that I was able to meet this person who has history with my son.  But my heart soared as I read something that Nancy, Ava's mom, wrote under a picture of Simon and Ava together.  Ava had remembered Simon and had told her mom that "he loved me".  We have been told multiple times about Simon's care for others in the orphanage.  To hear it from someone who remembers and was a recipient of that love--oh I pray that it never goes away but is instead fanned by the Holy Spirit.

Enjoy the pictures of our reunion/meeting!
Friends reunited after 3 years apart.

Isn't this just like a little sister?  She is trying to get him off the chair so we can take more pictures.

Simon doesn't want to stand too close--his eyes are asking me if they can just stand this far apart instead of next to each other.  :)  Ave is enjoying his coyness. 

Kimmy, Ava, and Simon.  He is looking good--maybe even comfortable.

Things are changing. . Ave is trying to hold his hand.  Uh-Oh!

Look at Simon's face!  He is touching a girl's hand!

Ava gets what she wants--and this was the last picture as Simon made his escape.

I finally got to hold and hug this precious girl.

If you are interested in sponsoring a child, feel free to look up International China Concern.  We also plan to travel to China in 9 years with our family and volunteer for a couple of weeks at the orphanage.  Feel free to start saving your pennies to come with us.  :)  Our current sponsor son is Chuan.  He has a cleft lip and is waiting for his forever family.  We'll keep praying for him.  Maybe God will let us meet him someday.

No comments: