Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Just fall asleep already

10:00 p.m. on a Wednesday night.  Three of the ducks are still quacking.  Gary has been gone for three days and won't be returning until late on Friday.

Just go to sleep little ones.

I'm doing well, holding up quite well as a matter of fact.  I think God is giving me extra.  Thanks.  There are times though when I just am done.  Tonight.  Right now.  I'm done.  It is probably more mental than anything.  I know as night comes that I just need to have a little more patience, do a few more jobs, brush a few more teeth and read a few more books and then. . . I won't be an active mom.  So when things get pushed back, it is hard to make the mental change.  I have that when Gary works as well.  I glance at the clock more and more as his work day ends.  I know that when he comes in the door it isn't all me anymore.

Yup, friday night is a-comin'.  Then I won't stir at every sound in the night.  Then I won't double check every door before I go to sleep.  Then I won't call someone to say good-night over the phone.  Then I'll start cooking again.  :)

1 comment:

one blessed mama said...

hi friend~
just said goodnight to your mama. just a day and she'll be home with you. we'll miss her!
hang in there! your hub will be home before you know it!
love you!