I've been pondering my future. I love my job, but I also know that someday I'll have another. I'm not sure whether that is three years or ten years in the future. Perhaps I'm thinking about this because I am strongly realizing that I'm entering a new season of my life this fall. Two of my kids will be going to school all day every day. My days, which have been much the same for the past seven years, will suddenly be different. I'm ready, but I'm also. . . hesitant, pondering, excited, sad, and proud. I am very aware that this time in my life is fleeting and I am working to enjoy it. I love my four kids and love being with them. The benefits of my job are awesome and I wouldn't trade it. It works for me, and I bless God for it. I am excited as I enter this new season to be a Bible Study leader at our church for the first time. The time has come and I'm eager to walk through that door and continue learning and growing in God.
I do know what I'm NOT going to do. This past week at VBS a very sweet woman sat down next to me and asked if I did a "program". "What is a program?" I asked. She indicated that she is on the planning committee for a fabulous group of seniors (a huge part of my heart by the way) and she wondered if I'd like to come and do a program "you know, because you are so funny". I said that "no, I don't have a program that I do, but she could ask me again in the future." I thought about it more this past week-end and came to the conclusion that I am not a program girl. I'm not a comedian or fashionista. I don't have "bits" nor do I have the desire to do this. It does make me laugh and feel great that she thought to ask of me. I think God knew I needed a little kick last week. :)
1 comment:
Isn't it totally fun to be completely appreciated for just being you! Like you, I wonder what the world holds "post diapers" - but we can rest assured He's got something wonderful around the bend.
Post a Comment