Friday, July 20, 2012

Mom in da house!

I talked with my mom today.  I know, no big deal right.  Except that YES, it is a big deal.  My mom left last week Wednesday (right mom?  All I know is that it was a long time ago!) for a little vacation.  I'm thankful that she could go.  I'm thankful that she has a best friend.  I'm thankful that planes can take us so many places in this world.  You get it--I'm thankful.  Good.

But I don't like it when my mom goes away.  I don't usually talk with her every day.  We may even go a week without talking or seeing each other.  BUT, I know that she is there if I need her.  I found myself over the past week and a half wanting to quick talk with her about something or share something funny with her or ask her a question.  I can't do that now because I have forgotten everything.  Sheesh.  I couldn't contact her via e-mail either.  No texting.  No cans with a string in between.  There is a huge distance between Michigan and Washington.

So welcome back mom.  I went to her house today for just a moment (who wants visitors the day after vacation?!?) and hugged her.  I'm sure she wanted to see her grandkids so I brought them along.  She gave them cookies.  She always has cookies in the freezer.  We love them. . . except Penny who just licks the frosting off of the top.  Always.  Always cookies.  Always licking.  Always.  I'm glad she is back because I like her. . . Always.

No comments: