Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thanks un-known lady

I posted a few months ago that I had only three pair of shorts.  This has become a bit of a problem because it is a HOT summer.  Hot.  I can't be wearing my only pair of jeans rolled up.

So, on Tuesday I lunched with ladies.  It was lovely.  When you lunch with ladies you can use the word lovely.  And delicious.  You can also eat slowly, not wash others faces when you are done, listen to a whole conversation without hearing the words poop or underwear, and sit down the entire time.   I really enjoyed being with the Bible Study leaders from our church.  We prayed and brainstormed about next year.  It is all just so exciting!

Since I had a babysitter I thought I'd do a few errands BY MYSELF.  What a treat.  One stop I made was at Ditto--a local thrift store.  It was there that I found them.

Dear un-known lady,
Thanks so much for donating your jeans.  They are in great shape.  I don't know if you grew too large (boo) or too small (good job!) for them.  I know you didn't get sick of them.  How could you?  They are in very great shape, and they fit me perfectly.  I wish I could meet you because I think we look the same.  See I noticed right away that these are tailored.  They aren't just tailored like I tailor my jeans with some safety pins and an occasional piece of duct tape.  No--these have been taken in at the waist.  I'm so sorry that you struggle with the same problem that I have.  We can say it--claim it--own it.  We have big asses you and I, and not in the good Beyonce kind of way.  It's o.k.  I've come to terms with it and am working to get rid of some of it.  I have a bit of a dilemma though because I've never heard of this brand before and I can't even pronounce it.  I wish I knew where to get another pair.  I have a confession to make though--I cut them off.  I don't have many shorts and am now wearing these new-to-me shorts.  Thanks for making my day.  Shanda

No comments: