Hi All!
We have been missing for the past while. Good reason though: VACATION!
Last week we were able to go to Fremont Lake and enjoy so many things: most of all God's faithfulness to our family. I love these people. I love how I get to know my nieces and nephews over a week. I love having fun and deep conversations. I love seeing my kids thrive and grow. I love not thinking about supper for one week. (Thanks mom!) Do you get the picture? I love it.
Speaking of pictures, wow! Um. . . did I really take 800 pictures?!?
Yes. I. Did.
So, here are 46 of them. I know, 46 is a ton for a blog post. Feel free to scan quickly or just stop at this point. Thanks for coming back.
| Here we are. . .the whole crew. I love this picture. Love these people. Love being crazy. |
| Uncle Koe can still throw Garrison. (Notice Noel getting into the boat. She didn't put on her bathing suit, so she went in her unders!) |
| Kevin had a dream. A dream that all four of the original Koemans would be able to get up behind the boat. |
| This is as far as we got. Close, but we need a bigger motor to haul the four of us out of the water. |
| Before my brothers got into the water they made sure they were fresh. |
| A little snack at the beach. |
| Pancake breakfast. |
| Garrison caught this whopper! |
| Simon proudly displays his dinner. Simon by the way spent most of his time fishing. He loved it. |
| So. In. Love. |
| "Penny, give Dakota a hug." |
| Gary tries to throw me into the lake. |
| The lake is a great place to look for treasures. |
| She is always moving! |
| And she is learning how to pose. Oh help me! |
| Noel and Garrison tubing. |
| Penny spends more time being dirty than being clean. |
| A favorite of my favorites! |
| Noel wanted to learn how to water ski. |
| This is about the best she did. I was so proud that she tried!!! |
| One of these folks isn't happy with being in the water. Can you guess? |
| Yup, still got it. Every year I post of picture of me on one ski. I gotta have proof! |
| Kneeboarding |
| Everybody is doing it. |
| Love it that she fell asleep in my arms. |
| Kevin tried something new to help my nephew Bryce get up. They got up together and then. . . . |
| Kevin let go and Bryce continued by himself!! (See Kevin in the water?) |
| Love these next two pictures. Simon and Penny enjoying smores on the end of the dock. |
| A goose pooped on her dessert tonka pie. Boo! |
| "Who is a great brother?" "This guy." |
| Early morning boat ride. |
| All ready to go. |
| She would sing. . . I think it sounded loud in her ears. |
| Evening boat jumping. |
| Peek-a-boo |
| Sometimes you know you'll just be awhile. |
| Can't you see Gary's love for me? :) This is the first year that we finished the bag of peanuts. |
| Ryan caught this small pike. So cool. |
| Annual kickball game |
| I always prayed that I'd meet someone who got along well with my family. |
| Joy |
| More joy |
| Fast joy |
| Closing prayer |
| Read this out loud. It isn't quite right. :) |
We've been coming to this cottage for six years now. So many things are the same, yet some things have changed. One of the things that can change is the artwork in the cottages. . . including this new sign. It must have been an type-o.
Overall this was a great week. We had some struggles with the weather. We had some struggles with dad: he didn't participate much. We had some struggles with mom getting sick: missed you mom! We all struggled with sleeping in a new place and with great (sarcasm here!) mattresses. Overall though. . . amazing. This is a highlight of our year. As I'm sitting here and typing Noel is as my elbow and asking when we are going back to the cottage. It isn't the place. It isn't the summer. It is the memories of being with people that you love. I love my family.
And remember: God Love You.
1 comment:
Such great pictures, Shanda, and wonderful memories. So happy for you and to see snaps of my cuzzies and second cuzzies!
Post a Comment