I did say this. This week. "Is your mama a llama?" I asked in a rather loud and goofy voice. I wanted to make the ducks laugh and it worked. I also pretended to be a train conductor as they got into the van. I took pretend tickets and put pretend punches in them before they could board. I used an accent that was part British and part surprised old lady. I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and then snuck some (you have done it too!). I missed Noel's Kindergarten assessment because I didn't look at the calendar until too late. I decided not to meet up with some friends because we are just a little too busy. I'm planning on making homemade relish tonight. Took the boys to get allergy testing yesterday morning. I kinda got annoyed with it. Whew.
Right now Simon is crying in his bedroom. He is upset with me. I know: mean mommy. I've asked (the first time was loudly but I'm over it now) him to stay there until he can remember how salsa got all over his shirt and his shorts. It is everywhere. He was eating chips and salsa for lunch and then. . . kablam! The salsa must have exploded. "How did it get there Simon?" "I can't remember." I'm thinking How can you not remember salsa going all over your body? I don't see how this is possible!!
Today I gave Penny a yogurt covered pretzel while she was in the car. I ran back into the house as I buckled her in just to get one for her. . . no one else. See, I couldn't stand her breath. She was eating dog food and her breath was fierce! The other ducks were upset at me because they didn't get one. I'll give them one if they decide to eat dog food first.
I seem to have lots of stuff bumping into each other in my brain. Trying to figure out if I missed a calling from God recently. Trying to discern what volunteer positions I should take at church. Trying to wrap my mind around giving up artificial sweetener in September. Hitting my head over and over regarding my non-existent weight loss. Should I really pay twenty dollars for a lunch box just because it has angry birds on it? Reading a blog post about adoption while looking at my son. . . wondering where we are on the spectrum. New school program beginning on Tuesday. Stuff. Lots of stuff wandering around and crashing into other stuff.
Sometimes it might be easier if my mama was a llama. Then again, I would really miss out on dirty salsa clothes, impromptu picnics on Tuesday nights, kisses from Gary, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, clean sheets and feeling the love of my Father in heaven. Plus so much more.
And it is only Wednesday. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment