Friday, August 10, 2012

Living the hillbilly life

Feeling like I belong with my fabulous mother-in-law in the Ozarks this week.  She is NOT a hillbilly. . . but some folks around her sure are.

On Friday, Penny sat in my lap and gave a nice big throw back making contact with my cheek.  Not only did I receive a goose egg, but also a black eye.  Nice.  Sorry, no pictures of the shiner.  It was awesome.  If you are going to have a shiner, you may as well have a nice sized one right?

On Wednesday after eating a few banana chips, I noticed that something was amiss in my mouth.  I felt something not so smooth and discovered that my tooth had cracked and was half missing.  Awesome!  That was filled yesterday and is awaiting a crown in a few weeks.

To top it off, I was playing with the kids in the driveway and kept on smelling something foul.  Garbage?  Dirty diaper?  Nope, neither of these fit.  I kept asking the kids if they smelled it and then they fessed up.  They had found a dead bird and had been playing with it: meaning they had poked, prodded, and run over it numerous times with their scooters until there was little left of it except some smears and the stinky stink.  Thanks kids.

Yup, I'm living the high life.