So, I am someone that when I get an idea in my head. . . I just want to do it! I've learned to curtail that to some extent and having a husband certainly helps. Sometimes these things can be good--and other times not so successful.
So an idea has been brewing in my head and today I pulled the trigger. . . literally! I'm having a hard time typing because my trigger finger is all jiggly. Six years ago, my folks took Garrison overnight and Gary and I did some home improvement projects. One of these projects included painting our while stools--orange! Of course they are orange. I love love love orange. Love it. The chairs were fine, but lately I'm seeing the uglier side--I don't think I chose the right kind of paint for this project. They don't ever look clean and I've been falling in love with gray. So Penny and I went off to Menards to find some gray paint. Penny was amazed at the Christmas decorations. I was surprised that there are seven baby Jesus' for sale and they are only $18.99. There seems to be something wrong with that. I digress.
I have no idea how to paint chairs--as evidenced by my orange chairs. I tried to do some research this morning and grew tired of it. Everything seemed too hard! So I just found a can of gray spray paint, sanded things down a bit, and went to town! According to the back of the can, I'm supposed to spray with the temperature above 50. We are a little under. . . but I'm sure it will be fine.
I did discover some tape on the chair as I painted. . . along with some random bits on the seat. Playdough perhaps?
So, I just did it. Testify Gary and Mom! :) I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm supposed to do a second coat in an hour, although I'm almost out of paint. No matter, I'll just repaint the important parts. Now if I could only get rid of my "paint fumes headache".
1 comment:
I think you just inspired me...Orange bar stools? I've gotta make me some! :)
Post a Comment