It is October 1 and I made it through September without consuming any artificial sugar (that I am aware of). Whew! Gary and I both gave it up, and though it was very challenging at first--especially when I had such terrible headaches following my loss of caffeine!--it got a little easier as the month went on. 30 days of doing something different, of making a small change. I don't feel much different than when I began, but it feels so good to say that I accomplished a goal.
Today is October 1 and a Monday. It is a great time to set a goal. . . something that you are going to try for 31 days. Just 31 days. It is long enough to be a sacrifice of some sort, but short enough that the end is already in sight.
Will you floss every day? Will you read the Bible every day? Will you give up sweets for the month? Will you purge your house of one thing every day? Will you decide to say two positive things to your spouse every day? Five minutes in prayer daily? A note card to a friend every day? Check facebook only twice a day? Exercise for 10 minutes daily? Go to be by 11:00? Wipe down your counters every night before bed? Engage in 5 minutes of kissing with your honey daily?
I've decided that I need to write down my eating every day. I'm really good in the morning and then. . . . things peter out and I find myself snacking at night and not documenting it. If I want to reach my weight loss goals (are you sick of reading this already? I'm sick of writing about it!) then I need to be faithful about writing it all down. When my points are gone, then I need to be done eating.
Are you reading this on October 2? October 11? November 5? Think about it and set a beginning and ending date. Feel free to let me know if you'd like.
2 comments:
Just a few more reasons ;) http://www.fitsugar.com/Why-Diet-Soda-Bad-You-25207657
more bible time!
starting TODAY!
Post a Comment