So here is the deal. Garrison has eight cavities. Yes, I did type that correctly. Eight. He'll get two crowns and might even need a root canal: he is seven. No we do not let him drink pop. No I do not feed him sugar by the tablespoon. Yes he does brush his teeth twice a day and either Gary or I follow-up with brushing at night. It is.
Our dentist wouldn't take on such a task and referred us to a pediatric dentist.
Here is the deal. I'm a big fan of customer service. I'm a big fan of being greeted with a smile. I'm a big fan of employees being polite to me. I don't know. . . it is just what I like. I'll stop going to a business if I'm treated poorly.
Well, it was very difficult to get in to see this dentist. This is frustrating, but I get it. It may say bunches about their practice. I'll wait and tell my boys (Simon has five!) as they complain about their tooth pain that soon we'll go to the dentist.
BUT--here is the situation. I went yesterday with Garrison and as we were seated at the check-out---Ms. Thing didn't smile. Not once. I tried to smile at her. . . to make conversation with her. She didn't offer much eye contact and "did her business". Listen lady--I'm sorry too that I need to make four appointments to take care of Garrison's teeth. I'm not excited about it or the bill. Still--SMILE AT ME. This morning I received a survey and though I was happy with my other experiences, I did say what had happened to me at check-out. About an hour later I received a phone call FROM THE LADY!
Doesn't that seem a bit awkward? Don'tcha think that a manager should call if they are going to call? "Hello, this is Amy and I'd like to talk to you about your experience yesterday. What is it that I did that made you upset?" I wasn't prepared for this. If I had wanted to talk with her about it, I would have talked with her about it at the office. I'm not thinking it is my job to critique her work to her. Am I wrong on this one? It was strange and awkward, so I told her to smile. She may not like her job or she may not be feeling well or she may have just had a bad experience with a client, but I deserve a smile.
I called my dentist office today and asked if they recommend any other office. They haven't called me back. Here we go again. :)
2 comments:
I highly recommend West Michigan Pediatric Dentistry in Grandville. (very near 44th street and Ivanrest. Right across from Rivertown mall and the new Target) We have been very pleased with the service and the dentists. They seem to truly enjoy children! The only thing that some parents have trouble with is that they do not allow the parents to go back into the room with the children. My boys are both very timid, but their dental assistants were so welcoming that neither of my boys had an issue with this! (I was shocked!) They also have toys in that back area which the kids can play with between cleaning and seeing the dentist. So - my 2 cents for what it's worth!! Message me on FB if you want more information. Hoping for better treatment. :)
:)
Post a Comment