Thursday, November 15, 2012

Delicious Supper

Hi friends!

I stumbled on a great supper last night and just felt like I should share.  It was Tasty.  Easy.  Filling. and Cheap.  That meets so many of my ideal supper qualifications.  Would you like to know?  Great!  Read on.

Pancakes.  I know, I know. . . you are very aware that pancakes can be a delicious supper.  But have you made them with Jiffy Corn Mix?  I see a couple of hands in the air.  Excellent.  I've made corn muffins from the easy-and-cheap-as-pie box, but I've never looked at the side of the box.  Corncakes.  The recipe is a bit different from the main one on the back of the box--so make sure you follow it.  There is melted butter!  I broke open two of those bad boys for our supper.  I must confess that I also made regular pancakes--sometime it is easier to try out a new recipe when there is a great stand-by sitting on the table.  So, back to corn cakes.  Mix them up and then add some cinnamon. (I used a shade less than a teaspoon for my double batch--I can't say for sure because I measured in my hand. Really cool cooks do that on t.v. ya know.)  Though I know there is sugar in the mix, I added just a tablespoon (again guessing) just because cinnamon and sugar are life partners.  Ooo--I might add honey next time.  Excellent!  Then I also added blueberries.  Seriously.  Syrup on top?  Nothing wrong with this supper here.

Round out the meal with bacon and oranges. . . winner winner pancake dinner.  Gary suggested putting cherry pie filling on the top to which I countered with baked apples.  We are excited at the possibilities.

It filled me up.  It filled the kids up.  It was fun to find something that we all liked(except Noel, but in a family of six we count five likes as being excellent. . . and she was being ornery so it doesn't count).  Have you made a new discovery lately?  We are having brisket tonight for the first time.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments: