So the pictures are up and I've chosen some of my favorites to share with you.
| Those are some large orange earrings! |
| Sunset on Key Biscayne. Miami in the background. Lovely first night. |
| Yeah for celebrating 40! |
| The only place where I'll order a pina colada. They are like nothing else I've ever had anywhere else. mmmmm |
| Could this avocado be any bigger? |
| Watch out Karen!!! The alligator is eyeing you! Karen. . . . Karen! |
| Karen and I pose with Chris: the alligator wrestler. His shirt read "In wrestling alligators there is no tap out." |
| We are ready for our airboat ride. We were sitting in the "you will get wet" seat. We didn't believe it would be so bad. |
| It was so bad. |
| Sundowners for supper in Key Large. This has always been a favorite place for us. How wonderful to eat on the ocean and watch the sunset. |
| This was my old classroom in the Middle School. The window is five times larger than it was while I was teaching. |
| "Miss B and Miss Koeman" 15 years later. |
| Our old apartment H-210 |
| We had to visit the Farm Store--how often have I wished for this in West Michigan! It is a drive-through grocery store which carries basics---like milk!! |
| We enjoyed an hour of exercise with our friends Kari and Jan. |
| We ordered a drink on South Beach (love hearing the ocean) and were completely surprised by the size! Who needs a 39 oz. white russian? "Not I" said Shanda. |
| Time to leave. Hampton Inn room 519 treated us well. |
| Love the banyan trees! They are so beautiful and unlike anything found in Michigan. |
| Good-bye dear friend! Thankfully we were able to get a great deal on sunglasses in the airport. I'll think of you every time I wear them. |
5 comments:
oh my goodness this makes me so happy. What an awesome trip!!! I am so glad you and Karen could both make this happen.
:)
So fun to walk down memory lane with you!
Um, its that the Chris from the Gator Boys? Gus is in love with him.
Trips with your BFF simply make your heart sing, don't they?! So fun, you two look fantastic!
you went back!!!! these pics are awesome! I know where you are in almost all of them:) I love that you and Mrs. B are such great friends still! you both were amazing teachers and I am thankful to have had you while I was at WCS. And to think that we live so close to one another now…crazy small world! We need to see one another one of these days:)
Great pictures! Boy, sometimes I wish I could go back to the high school WCS days. Feels like a lifetime ago...
Post a Comment