Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Eeeew

Get the kids off to school, put on a video for Penny (I am so thankful for my friends Dora and Kai Lan who entertain my Penny so that I can exercise and shower most mornings.  I don't even have to pay them!).  I rocked the treadmill and then showered.  I had to move this morning because I have Bible Study.  While drying my hair I gasped and then got all prickly all over.  There was a tick.  On my head.  Attached to my head and drinking my blood!  I began to cry and ran to the phone.

My sweet Gary. . . who drives all over every day between all points lakeshore. . . he was only 10 minutes away.  God is so very good!!!  I cried and snotted all over the phone and begged him to come home and help me.  He did.  He did.  I'm consider myself to be a pretty strong woman and can handle all sorts of things, but ticks on me--this I find a hard time handling.

While waiting for Gary I called the doctor's office, folded the boys laundry while on hold, and paced all over the house while waving my left arm.  (Don't know why, but it is what I did.)  The nurse told me to get it out and that I probably wouldn't get Lyme Disease.  Probably.  I should watch for a rash and for fever for the next two weeks.  I'm familiar with someone who has Lyme Disease and from what I can tell. . . it is horrible.

Gary got it out for me (I fell more in love with him as he took it out, killed it, and then hugged me while I cried again on his shoulder and snotted again).  I'm so thankful for a man who will come to my rescue.

Down with ticks.

1 comment:

small things said...

bocky. I was waving my arm with you as I read. Glad it's dead......although my head is now very itchy..