I have a problem. It may not seem like a problem to you, but for me it is. I don't like to pick up the phone and make appointments. I'm way overdue for a dentist appointment. . . because I don't want to call. I need to call for my kids too. It has been on my to-do list for the past two months! Every day I either forget (seriously) or decide to do it tomorrow. I'm not sure why I feel this way. . .it took me so long to make the appointments for summer physicals for my kids too!
So after lunch today with Penny sleeping and Noel watching a video---I did it. I picked up the phone and called. First of course, I looked up the number in the phone book. Yes, I still use the phone book. I like it. I called the number and talked to a very sweet woman--the wife of the dentist. This is a new dentist for me (my former dentist wouldn't fix my crown for three weeks even though it was cracked-"we have to check to see if it's cracked and then we can get you in three weeks later"-um. . . I can see the crack, I am spitting out pieces of crown, and I am in pain therefore you will no longer by my dentist) so I was taken aback when she explained that I had called her house. Their home number was mistakenly put into the yellow pages. I called with right number and left a message. Perhaps they were on lunch.
Then I called the number of the kids dentist. I felt so great that I was doing it. I had the calendar beside me and had some dates in mind. They were closed for lunch. Please call back at 1:30.
It is now 1:37. I WILL finish this blog post. I WILL then get up and not check other internet stuff and I WILL call back. Yes. I. Will.
3 comments:
Appointment made for the kids!
Good job! I feel the same way about making appointments. I really, really hate it.
How funny. I have no problem making appointments but pretty much every other phone call I have to make I dread. I really don't like the phone all that much.....unless it's my hubby.
Post a Comment