Monday, May 13, 2013

"No one needs you more than I need you!"

I quickly ran into Meijer to get Epsom Salts.  Gary's heel was punctured yesterday and we discovered this morning that the wound was deeper than we originally thought.  Gary has a way of getting sick or injured in very strange ways.  Once he was stung by a bee and ended up on antibiotics when his whole hand swelled up because he had gotten a staff infection from some bacteria that had entered his body at the sting sight.  I'm telling ya--a regular injury or illness for the majority of the world and a strange thing for my hubby.  This puncture wound was made by a pen.  Who is walking in their bedroom and a pen gets catapulted and goes into the heel of a foot?  Gary.

So I'm in Meijer because we are out of salts and I hear something. . .something that makes me very very happy.  I stop.  I stop in front of the band-aids and first aid cream and I sing softly.  "You bring meaning in my life.  You're the inspiration. You bring feeling to my life.  You're the inspiration."  It is one of my favorite 80's songs. You're the Inspiration by Chicago  It would have been Jim and my's song when we went together in 7th grade, but it was already taken by another couple who were "going together".  It is my go to song when I pretend sing into my hairbrush.  (We built this city is my go to song for karaoke.  Just in case you needed to know.)  So here I am at Meijer singing and remembering.  Remembering skating parties and middle school and camping and and and.  It was great.  I was in a hurry, but pausing for a minute to sing and celebrate--totally worth my time.

No comments: