You have questions about Michael. I do too. :)
I got one thing cleared up today. When we looked at his file. . .let me back up. There is an agency in China that that puts together the paperwork for orphans. Orphanages submit paperwork to the CCWAA and it gets translated and sent off to the shared list. There are thousands of orphans with special needs on this list. Michael's file was from when he was one. One. He is now five. Ug. . . the tears come every time.
Anyway after our agency found his files they sent it to us via e-mail. One file was the translated files into English and one file was the original scanned Mandarin documents. I brought one of the original documents into school today and had Yingpu (my kids' teacher) take a look. She told us the correct pronunciation of his name! That is a gift to me indeed. It was translated into English as "Chang" and we pronounced as we read it. However, in Mandarin it is pronounced more like "Chung". A name is so important and we like it when folks say our names correctly. She even told us what it means. "comfortable, smoothly, fluently, unrestrained" It can be used by itself or added to other words to convey meaning. I like it. I pray that his transition goes smoothly and that he feels comfortable quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment