Saturday, May 18, 2013

Happy Birthday Penny

My baby girl is three.  "Free" as she would adamantly tell you while holding up anywhere from three to five fingers.  She has wanted to be three for awhile and has insisted that she was at times.  The girl has an opinion and isn't afraid to share it.  I hope that never stops.  I hope I can teach her how to share opinions with grace, but I hope she never stops sharing what she believes.  I adore her.  Seriously.  She is unlike any other child I have. . . much like every child I have.  Unique.  Different.  So necessary for our family to function.  Each child fills a spot in the puzzle that is our family.  Penny is funny and strong and silly and a do it herself kind of girl.  When she gets an idea in her head--watch out!  She has thanked God every night since August for the beach.  She has since added Strawberry Shortcake, the Doodlebops and Cinderella to her nightly list of thankfulness.  She'll do things when she wants (cough cough potty training!) and then she'll do them well.  She adores me and I love her for that.  She is playing better and better with others.  She tries different foods.  She loves to sing and still will stop to listen for music.  Her curiosity  about the world around her has taught me in so many ways.  I love seeing through her eyes and thankfully, she loves to tell me all about what is going on in her head.  Her hair is crazy beautiful--she gets that from her father.  She idolizes her siblings and learns far too much from them--she doesn't miss a beat.  The child gallops most of the time when she needs to get from here to there.  She loves to get "one more hug" and I let her.  Her kisses are the best (dry and closed mouth) and her breath is sweet in the morning when she still snuggles with me.  I can't imagine my life without her and pray that God never lets me experience that here on earth.  She is truly a special gift from God.
Happy Memorial Day 2012

She loved the pool as long as she could touch.

Umbrellas belong in the house of course.

A favorite!  She still squeezes my neck so hard and I love it!

Dancing at a soccer game--dressed in her finest.

She was able to really participate in Christmas stuff this year.

I can't work in the kitchen without Penny being involved.  Sometimes her involvement is too involved.

Playdough=hours of free time for mom.

This is the night she decorated Noel's face with lip gloss (see the bit of shine?) and then fell asleep next to her.

Praising Jesus in her sleep!

Dancing!

My girls

My little girl is three.  I love you so very much.

No comments: