Tuesday, May 7, 2013

How is _______________ going?

How is potty training going?

Pretty great. . . and then pretty "what are you doing Penelope!!!!!"  ARGH!!  In the past three weeks she has gone poop once a day except two days when she didn't go at all.  This may be the only area of her life where Penny is regular.  Of all of those poops, one has been in the toilet.  You'd think that given the celebrating that occurred following that poop she would want to do it again, but NO!  I realize that she will not go to college with a poopy pants.  She also today went pee on a pillow.  "Why did you do that?"  "I wanted to pee on a pillow."  You asked.  I answered.

How is the speaking going?

Pretty great. . . I get to speak again tomorrow night.  That makes three times this year.  God is so very cool to give me these opportunities.  I'm much less stressed about it now than the first time, although this is a much smaller crowd and a much lighter topic.  I'm going to talk about how valuable every woman is!  Don'tcha think we need to hear more of this?  I know I do.  I've also felt a wonderful urge from the Lord about when I get paid to speak.  I certainly am not making a living on this, but I have made $75.00.  God has laid on my heart all the wonderful work that International China Concern (ICC) is doing with special needs kids and with families.  They not only saved Simon's life, but they did such a great job of raising him when Gary and I couldn't.  Every time I speak and get paid, I'll be donating 10% to this organization.  It'll be my thing.  I'm not sure yet how to communicate my thing, but God will help me figure it out.

How is the landlord thing going?

Pretty great. . . most of the time.  This is an additional job.  As soon as I started to realize that we'll be spending about 10 hours a week on it it has gone better for me.  I mowed both lawns yesterday.  I haven't push mowed since middle school (my folks FINALLY got a riding lawnmower!) and it was nice to be outside and walking for a couple of hours.  Yes--couple of hours!  My allergies were NOT happy with the situation.  They'll figure it out.  I was not impressed with the amount of crap--literally and figuratively--that I found while mowing.  Note to self: next time bring gloves and a garbage bag.  Pick up first.  Also--wear shorts with pockets so you don't have to hold your keys while you mow.  Reality of life too is that I'm meeting people who are very different than me.  This is good.  This pushes me and excites me.  I'm being confronted with ideas and attitudes that may or may not be correct.  I've also learned that when I moved out of apartments in Miami and Chicago, I left nothing behind and I cleaned.  This is not what happened in apartment 3 on Oxford Court.  Nope.  Gary spent a couple of hours with trash bags and a thrift store is coming tonight.  Dirty dishes.  Shampoo.  A knife taped to the wall?!?  What is up with that?  New stuff to me.

How is the Mandarin thing at school?

Pretty great.  Very great.  Awesome.  Love it.  Can't believe my kids are speaking only Mandarin in class.  Can't believe that God gave us this opportunity.  So in love with Him for doing that for us--talk about blessing!

How is your life going?

Pretty great.  God is my Rock and my Salvation.  There are some things coming that I'm scared about.  I'm also confident that God has ordered my steps and He'll use me. . . use our family for mighty things.  Life might be hard, but I am blessed.  BLESSED!

No comments: