It is almost time. Almost time to go, to say good-bye to my kids (don't get me started!!!), to begin this new adventure. Almost time to begin a new way of living.
We are so appreciative of family and friends who are supporting us in a multitude of ways. I don't know how to say thanks appropriately other than that it is noticed by us with such grateful hearts and acknowledged before God. Thanks to all of you who are the hands of God in our lives. We'll try to pay it forward.
The grieving for Simon will be huge. . . he is leaving all that he knows and coming to a place where he doesn't understand the words, the culture, the smells, the car seats. . . what an adjustment. He also doesn't have a clue what a mom and dad do or who they are. So, when we come home, we can't accept any visitors, at least not for awhile. It hurts me to write this as I want you to rejoice with us, in our house, with our three kids! I want to have you over, to celebrate and hug my new son. Instead, he needs to be cared for only by his mom and dad. Every meal, bath, change of clothes and hug needs to come from us until he is dependent on us. Our agency suggests one to two months. No more outings, going to church as a family, going to a play date. . . ah I'll need patience. I'm sorry to post this, but our family will need it. We'll do what we need to do for our family. Best of all, God is with us and He will bless beyond our understand. I am excited to see what He is going to do in our family. Simon will teach us and we will teach him. Thank you Lord!!!
Love you all.
shanda
No comments:
Post a Comment