Here we go!
We are down to the final few days. The lists seem to get longer, yet things are getting crossed off. I keep making more lists. . . which I sometimes lose. Oh well, everything will fall into place. Childcare is lined up, tickets are purchased, we have all our paperwork (we just need to get some things notarized), and our Gotcha Day is planned. One week from today, we'll be parents of three.
We just had our phone conference with the social worker. It is exciting, yet heartbreaking to think of all that Simon is going to go through. We talked at length about grieving and attachment. Much of the hard grieving should take place in China with just the three of us. I'm thankful for that, though not looking forward to going through it. The attachment however will take place here for the most part. She said that for the first couple of months, we need to "stay in". This will be a challenge for me, because I like to go out. . . almost every day. Also, we can only have short visits from others. She also said that family and friends can not hug or hold Simon during this attachment time. We are to be everything to him. . . we touch him, we kiss him, we feed and bathe him. He needs to learn that we are the parents. He can depend on and trust us.
Yup, life is sure going to change here at the Spricks. Please pray for us and for Simon. Yesterday I received a message from one of his nannies. She is excited for him, but is sad that he'll be leaving her. Simon often spends the week-end at her house. Oh he has no idea how his life is about to change. I don't think we do either.
No comments:
Post a Comment