Thursday, July 23, 2009

Good news for post 100


Yes, it is post number 100 and you get to read it! I know, you are excited.


Great news: We had two doctor's appointments this morning and Simon and his tumor are looking fine. Simon of course charmed every nurse. Yup, I think he is very cute too. The tumor doesn't appear to be growing and right now, there is no reason to operate. We'll be having fewer appointments now and will be monitoring the situation. There is also a chance that the tumor might not be as large as what it appears to be: part of it is made up of fat. That would be wonderful and welcome news. His plastic surgeon suggested liposuction. Never thought I'd hear that uttered in regards to my child. We'll see what the years bring.


For now, we just watch and alert the docs if we see changes. There is a chance (although a small one) that he may never need surgery. Wouldn't that just be so very cool?



Thanks for walking this path with us. We really appreciate your prayers and concerns. The day is fast approaching when he will be aware that he looks different. There were stares and some comments at swimming lessons last week. I can't protect him from them, I can only give him the confidence to be proud of his scars.


Now, if only the insurance company would pay for one of the appointments! sigh




No comments: