Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I have a new job!

It has been a long time since I've been on a payroll from which the U.S. government deducts its taxes. My hours right now are long, but I love what I do. The pay is great: peanut butter kisses, squishy hugs, and running in the sprinklers. I love it.



But, God put in my lap an opportunity which I have wanted for a long time. I'm going to be a D.J. That's right, a disc jockey! It is something that I have dreamed about, wondering if this is something that I could do someday. While living in Chicago, I even looked at taking classes from Moody. I received an e-mail two weeks ago from my friend Troy who is the co-host of the local Christian radio station: WJQ 99. His partner is going on maternity leave in February and he wondered if I would be at all interested in joining him in the morning. Interested!?! Sign me up before you change your mind.

So friends, yours truly is going to be live, on-air. WJQ doesn't know what they've gotten themselves into. :)

No comments: