Hi friends
We are beginning week 2 of swimming lessons today. It is my big prayer request today.
Last Friday was not a good day for our Simon. He began to cry and went to "his place". We used to see it often, but rarely see it these days. It showed up on Friday. He begins to cry and then seems to leave himself. He won't look us in the eyes, he cries and screams, he can't move, listen, or even function. He did this before he had to go off the diving board. I couldn't get to him.
This morning I'm going to talk with the instructors about the diving board and ask that Simon not be required to jump off. For the record, he is gently lowered into the waiting arms of a lifeguard. He is wearing a life belt and has a noodle under his arms. He is in NO physical danger at all, though on Friday he was in great emotional danger.
I pray that he is calmed, that he doesn't go to this "emotional place" with the rest of the swimming lessons, and that Garrison isn't bothered that his brother doesn't have to off the diving board.
Lord, let it be.
1 comment:
Oh, I do hope it goes well today!
Post a Comment