Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Then sings my soul.

VBS began last night. Wonderful wonderful chaos. Kids, adults, songs, skits, stories, games, dinner. . . it is great.

My two favorite moments of the evening.

1. Noel was fussing in the nursery. It was late, it was past her bedtime, and she had been there for two hours. I'd be fussing too. I was called and I went in to get her. I took her to the sanctuary where they were jammin'! She was mesmerized. She watched, she clapped, she motioned, she sang, and she didn't want it to end. She wanted to "let my little light shine". I got teary eyed seeing the Holy Spirit work in the heart of my daughter. Oh if only she could know how this is the greatest thing I could ever want for her!

2. We arrive home and the kids are wired! I am too. :) Garrison goes into the living room and announces to Simon that he needed to light the fire and be Moses and he was going to be God and talk. They proceeded to act out the story. They got a few details wrong: Moses didn't light the fire. Moses was not a bad guy. I know, it can get confusing. Then, they asked to see it in the Bible Story Book that we read at dinnertime. I pulled out the book and they couldn't get enough! They have heard these stories, but they were getting it! We talked about Moses, the bush, the plagues (that are coming tonight) and more. Ah, God! I bless you that you have touched the hearts of my boys. The Holy Spirit is a work and is truly using VBS to stir hearts.

Bless God!

No comments: