I've discovered a word that fits me for the moment: mess. I'm a mess. My hair doesn't look right: mess. My house can't seem to get completely in order: mess. My clothes. . . oh my clothes are just. . . well I'm a mess. You'd think that I was having this dear child in the next week, but no. . . according to Baby Center which tells me every week how far I am in my pregnancy, I have 32 days left.
32 more days of being a mess.
Then again, in 32 (more like 40) days, things are going to get crazier. What word will define me then? What is one level up than mess-emotional, cluttered, sleep deprived, sore, fat and not pregnant. . . yet still so happy, so content, so filled with awe at how God is and what He does, so in love with your husband, so loving your kids, so inspired by your mom, so transfixed by this seven pound miracle in your arms. . . that sounds a lot like Shanda.
1 comment:
let the joy overshadow the 'mess'. it all ends too soon and then you'll be unmessy w/your kids at school and you'll wish they were home again messing up your house!! take it from me~i know (ok-except the unmessy part...see my recent blog post here: http://ednieuwenhuisfamily.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-out-of-control-messy-life.html but that's just my house~not me personally :) love your realness girl!
Post a Comment