Spring break with three (four) kids makes for some interesting challenges. New places to eat, new foods to eat, tons of candy from Grandma Karen, Grandpa Larry, and Grandma Arlene, new sleeping, strange sounds, lots of mom/dad time (attention seeking), relaxed video viewing rules, different church. . . you know.
Here are some of the wonderful things that have happened.
1. One of our best stays at a hotel: ever. Yeah! Drury Inn is now one of our favorites.
2. Great time with the Pollacks. Wish we could spend more time with these folks. We'll see them again for lunch on the way back out.
3. Noah. We saw a musical. I cried. I love it that my favorite in-laws give us opportunities to do things like this. Love it that my kids got to see it too.
4. Restaurants. I love eating at restaurants. My doctor isn't going to be thrilled with me on Monday morning when I need to get weighed in. I won't be excited either. It has been so much fun though to eat at restaurants: a very special treat indeed.
5. Lots of great time with Gary's parents and his grandmother. We love being with them and truly treasure every moment that we have with Grandma Arlene. At 92 we know that at some point, God will realize heaven will be even better with her there. We'd like to keep her here for awhile longer though.
Today's Plan: Breakfast out at Carla's. They know mom and dad's name, their table, and what they like. It'll be so good. Boating this morning with Grandpa Larry. Rest time (needed for all!). Go-Karting for the kids and supper out. Tuesday: Branson Landing in the a.m., lunch out, rest time, then the Dixie Stampede!
We head out on Wednesday for an all day, knock em' down, drag em' out day of driving. The big push home. Not my favorite.
Oh, and how am I doing? " Well" most of the time. Traveling at 34 weeks pregnant isn't always so comfortable. I'm tired a lot. I feel rather. . . .large. Sleeping in a new bed, sleeping with your daughter who needs a bright light on and wakes up numerous times during the night, waking up numerous times to go to the bathroom. . . I love being here.
No comments:
Post a Comment