Friday, April 16, 2010

What I've learned this week.

I've learned some things this week.

1. Sometimes, swelling doesn't go down after three days.
2. I can make very good chocolate chip cookies: with my new favorite mix. :) Just add butter and an egg.
3. Although I love lots of activity in my life, it isn't always good for my kids. They tend to do better when they are more rested. It is Friday, and it is very evident in the lives of my children.
4. God keeps on poking me until I get it right. We feel so very good about holding Garrison back a year in school. It is amazing that once we decided to explore the option, God was very faithful about giving answers and giving peace.
5. I don't think I'll sleep through the night again until December.
6. Making new friends can be fun.
7. Sometimes when you ask God for two hundred thousand dollars He says "no".
8. Although I am very content being at home, I loved guest speaking in my brother's class. I still love teaching. Plus, I believe in adoption. Speaking about it confirms that even more.
9. One of my favorite rooms in my house is my backyard. It had its grand opening this week and it is a big hit.
10. I'm more thankful than ever for my mom who gave me a day away this week so that I could lunch with a friend. Lunch with a friend. I think those are four wonderful words.

No comments: