It is now 4:18 in the a.m. and I'm up. This happens about three times a week where I'll be up for one to two hours in the middle of the night. No, I don't really get anything productive done. No, I don't plan to be up. I get woken up for some crazy reason (child with a bad dream, child with blankets that "aren't working right", child needs to use the bathroom, child celebrating life in my womb) and then I can't get back to sleep. Rather than lay for over and hour, I get up and watch news and check facebook. Important things.
So, we are down to two weeks. It'll probably be longer as both of my other full-term pregnancies went long. I'm feeling the pinch. I'm feeling the pinch to go out, to make as many plans with others as I can. Once she is here, I'm be homebound for awhile longer. After all, it is more challenging to do things when someone is attached to you every three hours. I'm feeling the pinch to make sure my kids have summer clothes to wear that fit. I know: how crazy is that! I'm feeling the need to get rid of excess things in my house. Ditto (a local thrift store) has been receiving weekly donations from the Sprick house. Where does all of this stuff come from? I've also been buying convenience foods in pinch mode. Frozen pizza, Sloppy Joe sauce, boxed pasta and sauces have all appeared on my shopping list.
Part of the problem with organizing is that I'm not a good organizer. I start out great, then fizzle when I'm not sure where to put stuff. It all ends up in my bedroom. Well, I've found a solution! Yup, I've discovered the secret for good organization. Gloria Koeman. That's my mom. She was here yesterday morning while I went to the doctor (looking good, sounding good, Penny has dropped, she is small, I am huge--how does that work?). Then, she helped me totally organize the boy's closet as well as several boxes of treasures that Mama Petty (Gary's mom) and Grandma Arlene gave to us while we were in Branson. (Note here that we were in Brason almost a month ago and I am just going through the treasure now. Yup. . . good at organizing! Boo.) She is coming back again on Thursday to organize toys in the basement. I highly recommend her.
So, hopefully this house will be ready to go, thanks to Mama Koeman. Hopefully I'll be able to go back to sleep soon (I do so much better during the day when I get sleep!). Hopefully Penny is just so excited to meet us and she'll calm down when she arrives. I'll keep ya'll posted.
1 comment:
her activity could be a good thing...with mine, the way they were after they were born was complete opposite to before. here's still hoping for mellow penny ;)
Post a Comment