Look at the picture above this. I love these kids. I love who they are. I continue to learn more and more about them. I'm learning that Garrison loves treasures and loves hiding them in his pants pockets. He especially loves to pull them out during church. . . handfuls of rocks and acorns aren't exactly what Holland Heights needs. I'm learning that Simon needs to be 'hands on'. This has been a wonderful revelation to me and has changed my parenting of him. He needs to see and to touch. Even if a task takes him twenty minutes rather than three (if he had let me show him how to do it!), if he figures it out himself, then he is much happier. I'm learning how to hold my tongue and let him "do". I'm learning that my delightful daughter Noel is a diva. Seriously. She can turn it on and off in a flash, and by "it" I mean a smile, a giggle, a cry, big sad eyes, complete rage. . . the girl can work it. I'm learning how to work with it, to stop it, to laugh at it. . . you know. . . basic parenting 101. I'm not sure I'll ever graduate to parenting 102.
Today though, my children. . . ah my children. Actually, over the past couple of days my darling, wonderful, adorable, amazing children have been driving me crazy. They are lying, they are not listening, they are fighting, they are whining, they are talking back, they they they they they.
Of course, I don't have anything to do with it. Oh wait. . . could it be that I'm tired? Could it be that I'm thinking more and more about the delivery of my fourth child? Could it be that sometimes I just want to sit? Could it be that I may have a hand in this behavior? Could it be that I'm not working hard enough?
Yes, it could. Folks, tomorrow is going to be different. Yup, my "wonderful make me laugh and I'm so in love with them children" will still be whining, crying, fighting, lying, and being four, four and two. Yup. I'm going to be different. God gave me these amazing three gifts. I know I can work harder to be worthy of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment