Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I am a princess


For Bible Study this year, we are doing the Beth Moore series on Esther. For our last gathering this calendar year, we had a banquet. My group decided to dress up as princesses of course. We had so much fun waving to the throngs and admiring our tiarras. I of course pulled my best outfit from my closet: my Grandma Sternberg's dress. It is lovely. I added huge bright pink earrings, tacky necklaces, big hair, and a ton of make-up. You can't see in the picture, but zoom in: it is there.
What is funny about this outfit is that I was pulled aside by a dear older woman in the church. She talked to me three different times last Tuesday morning. Why? She wanted to admonish (lightly) me for not wearing this dress to church on Sunday mornings. She also kept exclaiming about my make-up. Now I am far more comfortable in jeans and a sweatshirt with a pony tail atop my head. I don't really wear make-up. It isn't my style and the one to whom I dress up for doesn't really like it. He finds me more attractive without it. She was horrified! Apparently, I look wretched usually and today I finally looked good. Thanks so much! I enjoyed her declarations and stated that I probably wouldn't be showing up at church like this anytime soon. She did find me on Sunday morning and was a little put off that I hadn't heeded her advice.
On a serious note, I love my Bible Study ladies. It is so great to have a group of people that I can discuss Spiritual issues, joys, and concerns. I know that if I ask for prayer from them, they will be praying throughout the week. I love being a part of their spiritual journey and I gladly welcome them on my walk. I thank God so much that I have found such a great home.

1 comment:

Rebecca: said...

I so have the SAME dress as the lady next to you (short sleeve, empire wast, navy blue)!!!