Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's a full life

Thanks for the comments about traditions. I have 136 cookies baked and only eight more to go. We are having our small group over tomorrow night to decorate. I should have 144 total, but I ate one dough ball when I bought them and another dough ball while I was baking. Come to think of it: each kid had a broken cookie to eat. . . and I overdid one batch. . . and I may have eaten one (or two) of the cookies. So, we'll just say we have over 100 cookies for tomorrow night. Bring on the frosting!

I know, I know. You are shocked that I didn't bake them from scratch. This is especially shocking since the decorated cookies with my mamas recipe is among my favorite cookies EVER! I love them. Folks: I just don't have the opportunity this year to make, roll, cut, and bake them all. I turned to my friend "Gordan" and he gave me pre-cut sugar cookies. Forgive me this year please.

I haven't gotten groceries yet this week. We are enjoying interesting combinations of food. It is a little entertaining and frankly kind of fun. I'm reminded of how blessed I am that I can go for long periods of time without going to the grocery store and we still have more than enough. We are in no way hurting. Thanks God.

Kids to school, helping at school, getting a mole removed, Gary working some pretty long days, church on Wednesday night, decorating the tree, getting our kids hand prints up, discovering Oobi, babysitting for a friend, dressing like a princess (yes, I will blog about it when I get the pictures on the computer--see the Gary working long days comment), week-end guests, discovering Pandora. . . it has been a full few days. Simon is busy asking me who put the fire in the Christmas lights. He would also like you to know that he wants to go to his friend Spencer's house because Spencer has bad guys at his house that they can fight together. Noble? Yeah, let's go with that.

Dad drove himself to Traverse City yesterday for more treatment. He was discharged from Holland Hospital and is now in another program. Could this be the time that he is sincere? Could this be the time of his traveling down the road of recovery? Perhaps. Perhaps not. I'd like to say I'm ready for anything, yet God has a way of constantly surprising me. We'll keep you posted as we journey.

It has been great, this past week of my amazing life. Noel is obsessed with Kleenex. Garrison won't stop picking his fingernails and they bleed every day. Penny doesn't like applesauce. Who doesn't like applesauce? Simon is saving the world from bad guys. It is indeed a wonderful life.

No comments: