Thursday, January 6, 2011

Giggling

Rest time is around 1:30 at this house. Noel sleeps. Garrison and Simon rest. Penny--up in the air. Today, everyone went down. A half hour with just me. Ahhh.

I was peeling carrots for pea soup when I heard giggling. Sure enough, Noel and Penny were laughing at each other! I smiled and let it go for a bit. I loved hearing these sisters interacting with one another. It reminded me of the night we arrived home from China with Simon and he and Garrison went to bed together for the first time. Gary and I sat on the couch listening to the giggling. After about five minutes of listening to the girls I decided that I should put a stop to the noise. It was after all, time to rest. I did enjoy it though.

Giggling. A common language between two brothers, one of whom can't speak English. A common language between two sisters, one of whom is only seven months old. Sure they fight with each other. Sure they drive each other crazy at times. Isn't it cool though that one of the first means of communication is through laughter? Just think of what heaven will be like.

No comments: