Monday, January 3, 2011

Goals and toys

Yup, I have goals. I usually have them. . . at anytime of the year. Lately, I've been slacking in the pick-it-up-after-you-play-with-it department. I generally have this problem, but I'm especially slacking with having my kids do it.

So this is what I did. Most of the toys went into the basement. If a toy is in the basement, you can play with it whenever and you can leave it wherever until it is time to pick up the basement. I also went into the basement and told my kids that I was going to fill up one big tub of toys that we were going to take away. They weren't excited, but we did it. A tub of toys is gone. Whew.

Then, there are the upstairs toys. These are the toys which are new. These are the toys where all the pieces are in tact. There are five different things I think. These are the things that have a specific place. If you play with it, then you have to put it away before you can go on to something else.

I'm hoping that I can keep five different toys together. Five different toys. Five. I gotta start small. :)

No comments: