I have another question. Where is this man in his recovery? Is he clean? Is he living in sobriety? Will the addition of tens of thousands of dollars to his bank account lead to grateful living or to more drugs and alcohol? Lots of money can be a huge trigger for an addict.
I haven't heard any of these questions being asked. I haven't heard Kraft, The Cleveland Cavaliers, The NFL, or many of the other companies offer to pay for some time in recovery for him. The focus is on this amazing story, but not on the man himself it seems to me. Now, he could be clean. He could be a wonderful voice for addiction. . . the work and the struggle. . . and the ability to rise to the top! Amen and Amen! I pray that this is the case. It just seems to me that there really isn't any "caring" for Ted Williams.
No comments:
Post a Comment