Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ah, the park

I regularly go to the park. . . to any number of parks. Today was the day to meet friends from church so off we went for a picnic, some conversation, and playtime. Garrison rarely plays in the park. Parks are gold mines for treasure. Lots and lots of treasure. Markers, bags, pen caps, plates, frisbees, seeds, water bottles, shorts, sandals, balloons, confetti, and once a tampon. Super. There are rules regarding park treasures. . . well treasures in general. (If we go to Meijer and stop at any time for anything, he is on the floor looking for stuff!) If it is of worth, someone will probably come back for it (football, sweatshirt, etc.). No glass! Dirty/disgusting is out. Everything must be evaluated by mom as to 1. whether is comes into the car and 2. whether it comes into the house.

Today, I find my ducks searching for treasure. Fabulous. When it is time to go, I return and discover that Noel doesn't have pants on. . . she is holding them in her hand. "Noel, why do you have your pants off?" "They were scratchy." "Noel you may not take off your pants in public." "But they had glass in them." "What!?! You are not allowed to collect glass." "Garrison told me to collect it."

Yup, Garrison figured that if HE couldn't collect glass, then perhaps his sister could do his bidding. As I was emptying pieces of glass from Noel's pockets, Garrison did remark about some of the pieces and how beautiful they were. Ay yay yay With camping for a week ahead of us and lots of new spaces to go treasure hunting, I think we'll need to review the rules. . . and bring extra garbage bags. Perhaps we'll get a discount on our camping for all the clean-up our kids will be doing. :)

No comments: