Simon. My Simon. Love him. He is not the tallest kid. . . in fact I'd say he is among the shortest at the camp. He isn't a broad guy. He isn't the strongest. He is scrappy, and fast, and determined, and silly (and not too bad at basketball I might add). I watched the coach ask everyone to get into a line and then follow her. Ah. . . you can imagine 25 kids trying to make a line. They slowly (with help from their coaches) stretched out across the gym. The kid behind Simon kept doing robot arms, often hitting Simon--deliberately I might add. He was being funny and being five. I could tell that Simon was irritated by robot boy. I saw him turn around and ask him to stop (way to go--we taught you that!). But, the robot was still on the loose. I watched to see how Simon would handle this--come and get me, start to whine, hit him, move to another location--all things I've seen him do in the past. He decided to do something new. He slowly backed himself up until he was right in front of the robot. Then, he quickly and forcefully shot his booty out behind him and hit the kid with it. Without looking, Simon continued forward in the line. Robot boy stopped. I was filled with silent laughter and thought, that is my boy. Way to go buddy.
On a side note--I have a cement story, but it needs a picture. I have the picture in my camera. Perhaps next week I'll get it out and tell you the story. For now, we are packing to go camping--our first time in our trailer. I'll let you know how that goes as well. Enjoy your week-end!
No comments:
Post a Comment