I am realizing that I need to be a little more careful in regards to her. Here are two examples from today. Just today!
At DeAnna's Playhouse she gave me a ticket so that I could watch her show. Thanks Noel. She got ready for the show. . . and promptly got distracted. I ended up chasing Penny who decided that she wanted the ticket. I shared with her and then she shared with another child who was there. Moments later I turn around and there is my Noel, shoulders haunched and crying. She had watched the entire thing and thought that I didn't want to see her show. Little things. . . she is watching. She is watching me all the time and I need to be careful.
Tonight, Noel is crying in bed. What is up now Noel? Through the tears I hear something about "silly make believe" and "you said that mama" (she calls me mama when it suits her). Apparently (and I still have no clue!) I said something about the silly stuff that she makes up. I LOVE the stuff she makes up. I love it that she has princesses that live with her. I love to watch her in the sandbox talking to all of her friends. . . none of whom I can see. I love laying in bed with her at night and listening to her tell me a story. I hugged her and stressed that by "silly" I meant fun. . . something that I want to do with her because it is great. . . something that I love about her. I did NOT mean silly as in not good at all. She hugged and kissed me and seemed pacified.
My kids are watching and listening. Little movements, little eye rolls, little phrases. . . things I might not even realize. . . they are getting it. I pray that they catch the great things. I pray that I give them great things.
No comments:
Post a Comment