Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Next blog

See at the top of this page? It says "Next blog".

Have you ever clicked on this? I find it fascinating! I haven't run into anything vulgar or inappropriate for my innocent eyes to see. "Oh be careful little eyes what you see? clap clap clap".

I've found interesting life stories and walks. I've discovered recipes and craft projects. I even ran into a woman from Holland, Michigan who had adopted embryos and was having them implanted and was asking for prayers. I willingly prayed for her and found myself grieving a little when she posted a month later that they didn't take. Oh, how my heart hurt a bit for a woman that I didn't know. I'm thankful that my Father knows her and has her heart in His great big gentle hands.

There are many adoption blogs--I think folks who adopt post so that they don't have to share their story over and over again. Plus, the adoption process can be different depending on the type of adoption and well, we just aren't as familiar with adoption. We posted from China so that our friends and family could pray for us and see our new special son.

A large number of blogs seem to be religious: either Christian or Mormon. I also stumble on many blogs that haven't been updated for a year or more. It makes me wonder what has happened in their world?

One person posts two pictures every day. She types two random words into google image "napkin, carpet" or "hamburger, crayon" and posts two of the most interesting pictures that appear. Hmmm

I end up clicking "new blog" about twice a month, you know, in my free time. :) It also makes me wonder who has landed on the Sprick Crew and what impression they get from this blog. There is a "follower" on my blog that I don't know. How did he get here?

This blogging world is certainly interesting--where is it going to go? When will I stop keeping this record of my family? It began as a record of our adoption, then became therapy of sorts. It was a way to communicate what was going on with my mom and dad, it served as a way to ask. . . no beg for prayer. Now it is a journal of sorts. . . a way to remember little slices of my life. I appreciate the encouragement that I've received. Thanks. Now, you can go to your next blog. :)

1 comment:

Melissa Batusic said...

Haven't clicked on "next blog" in a while. Maybe that's what I'll do tonight. BTW, did you know that you can print your blog out?