Monday, September 19, 2011

It's a trampoline!

Yup, we purchased a trampoline. Gary got an amazing deal (no surprise there). We set it up on Wednesday and have been enjoying it Every. Single. Day. In fact, the kids are jumping on it right now and it is raining outside. I love love love it. I'm so thankful that we have it. I'm so thankful that our kids make up games and play together and get exercise. It is fabulous. Even the net, which I thought I wouldn't like, it great and has saved many a fall. Even Penny begs "up, up, up" and loves to run and fall on it.

Here is the rub. . . the last time I jumped on our family trampoline was. . . I don't even know. I grew up with a trampoline and we spent hours on it. Perhaps that is why I have been hoping for one of my own. I have great memories of jumping and can only recall two accidents. I could do flips, jump high, play tag. . . oh I was good. I wasn't as good as my sister Tricia (she could do a back-flip), but I was good. I'm still jumping and running outside to jump with the kids. I love playing with them. BUT there is a problem I'm having that didn't exist in my youth. I've birthed three children since I was last on a trampoline and my ahem. . bladder seems to be faulty when I jump, especially when I try to do flips. I'm taking precautions when I jump, but I have had to change an article of clothing on more than one occasion. What is up with that? What has happened to this 38 year old body? Why am I wetting my pants? I mean, if I was sneezing and jumping I could understand. . . . :) I'm not incontinent on a regular basis. I try to be a respectable member of my community. Should I own up to my age? Should I cheer from the side and take lots of pictures? Should I keep quiet? You know the answer.
I WILL keep jumping. I WILL keep taking precautions and changing my unders if need be. I WILL laugh and giggle and fall down with my kids. I'm proud baby--proud mama of four kids with the battle scars and weak bladder to prove it. :)

1 comment:

LJFredricks said...

Go potty, slap on a pantyliner and you will be doing mid air splits (or attempting) again in no time. ;)