Well, the results are in. Gary decided to join me in this venture and together we followed old school Weight Watchers. I love this program and feel so very good when I do it. We didn't go to meetings, but we did record our points and encourage each other. It was great to meal plan and know that Gary would be on board. Gary lost 19 pounds and I lost 11 pounds! In our contest, we were the first and second place winners! Plus, out of the six week contest, Gary and I won three of the weeks. . . meaning we lost the most out of the group for that week. Together, we brought home. . . . $360.00! Wow! We have giggled several times this past week.
When we initially invested the $30.00 a piece, I thought that winning the contest would be fun. I also knew that making a financial investment would be such good motivation. Even if we hadn't won, the thirty bucks was totally worth 11 pounds. Our group began again this past Monday and I'm in for another six weeks. If I could lose another 11 pounds I think I'd be close to where I want to be. Wouldn't that be amazing! Of course, it is hard at times. I made apple brownies (WOW!) last night and ate a nibble here and a bar there. I had to write it down and account for it. I did put them in the freezer this morning so I wouldn't snack on them. :)
So, six weeks from now, perhaps I'll have another glowing post. . . not from winning, but from the glow on this chicas face as I look better and feel better than I have in a long time.
1 comment:
WAY TO GO!!!! What a great post! I love hubby/wife teams. :)
And ummmm apple brownies? Please share that recipe because it sounds amazing!!!
Post a Comment